st: Overcoming the 300 model estimate limit

From   Matthew Mroczek <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Overcoming the 300 model estimate limit
Date   Thu, 13 Sep 2012 23:52:17 +1000

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of designing a program, which will involve me generating at least a 1000 regressions. However
since stata wont let me store more than 300 results at a time, I have tried to store the estimates somewhere other
than the working memory. Which has resulted in this code

forvalues s = 1(1)1000 {

quietly regress close avg`s' lbtrade ubtrade
est store  avg`s'
estimates save results1, append
est drop avg`s'

}

I have checked the stata folder and as the regressions are computed the results1.str file does keep growing larger
but then the results are stuck in that file as I am unable to estimates use etc them back in.

Has anyone else overcome the estimate limit? or knows how I can estout the results in the .str file?

Kind regards,
Mateusz