Re: st: Installing postgr3

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Installing postgr3
Date   Sun, 09 Sep 2012 15:17:18 -0500

At 12:14 PM 9/9/2012, Owen Gallupe wrote:

I apologize if I'm missing something obvious, but a Statalist and
google search haven't turned up an answer.

I'm trying to install -postgr3- and can't seem to find it. I tried
'findit postgr3' but the links that turned up did not lead to the
package. I also tried the following and got the error message copied

"ssc install postgr3
host not found either
  1)  is not a valid URL, or
  2)  could not be contacted, or
  3)  is not a Stata download site (has no stata.toc file).

current site is still

I am using Stata 11 IC. I just got a new computer and installed Stata.
I had -postgr3- on my old computer (using the same Stata 11 IC

Any help would be appreciated.

-postgr3- used to be available from UCLA's web site, not SSC:

If it isn't there now, it might be because they have dropped it, perhaps because newer commands do the job better. I know Phil Ender recently announced that -xi3- was disappearing, and maybe postgr3 went with it. But Phil can offer the definitive opinion here.