Re: st: Finding xi3

From   Philip Ender <>
Subject   Re: st: Finding xi3
Date   Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:45:30 -0700

Steve Samuels <>  passed on a message from Budi
Aslinie who wrote:

I saw on a STATA forum
Note: correct spelling is "Stata"
> that you were having problems with finding the xi3 command for stata, and you had written
> you were going to write to the authors. I was wondering if you had found a solution as I am having problems finding the file too. I would be very grateful if you could advice me in this regards. Thanks..

This is to inform everyone that -xi3- has reached its end-of-life.
It is a rather old program that does not work with some of the more
modern Stata commands, such as,
-xtmixed-, -xtmelogit- and -xtmepoisson-.  The introduction of factor
variables and -margins- in Stata 11 and -contrast- in Stata 12 has
made -xi3- obsolete.  Therefore, the
ATS Stat Consulting Group, is rewriting pages that make use -xi3- and
by the end of the summer we will remove -xi3- from our site.

I apologize if this inconveniences any Stata users but we no longer
have the resources to maintain the program.

Phil Ender
UCLA Statistical Consulting Group