Re: st: Does xtreg (or xtivreg) assume equally spaced time points?

Subject   Re: st: Does xtreg (or xtivreg) assume equally spaced time points?
Date   Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:52:14 +0200

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM, Lisa Marie Yarnell wrote:
> I am generally intrested in comparing the results found in this RE or FE xtivreg model estimated in Stata with results from a structural equation model (SEM) where the unequal spacing of time points IS accounted for.

One possibility for making the comparison of RE versus SEM would be to
derive the RE model from a SEM model using the tricks discussed here:
<http://blog.stata.com/2011/09/28/multilevel-random-effects-in-xtmixed-and-sem-the-long-and-wide-of-it/>.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis