st: RE: stata list question regarding truncating Cox regression

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <Peter.Lachenbruch@oregonstate.edu>
Subject   st: RE: stata list question regarding truncating Cox regression
Date   Sat, 30 Jun 2012 16:04:42 -0700

Generally it's not a good idea to truncate your observations before looking at the full model with all in.  After this you can simply say if time<5 (or howver many years you want

From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Lisa Davis [lisadavismd@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 10:04 AM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: stata list question regarding truncating Cox regression

Hi,
  I'm trying to do a Cox regression with a limited number of subjects
(n=1050) who are participating in a registry, and my observation time
ranges from approximately 3-5 years, with a few outliers who have been
in the registry 7 years. As there are few participants who have had
observation time greater than 5 years, I am trying to truncate my
analysis at 5 years. I have been able to manually manipulate my
variables to do this, but I'm sure that there is a command that I have
not found/ not known how to search for that can do this. Any
suggestions?
  Thanks,
  Lisa

  Lisa Davis