Re: st: Sample weights

Subject   Re: st: Sample weights
Date   Sat, 30 Jun 2012 21:27:28 -0400

"I am not able to use pweights"

Why not?  You will need to -svyset- and use Stata's survey estimation commands (e.g. -svy: tab-, -svy: prop-).  Please describe the target population and the sampling plan.  What is an "observation"?   Why do you wish to multiply the sample weights by the household sizes?

If you are unclear about sampling concepts, see:
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/edu/power-pouvoir/ch13/5214895-eng.htm

Weights are described in:
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/edu/power-pouvoir/ch13/estimation/5214893-eng.htm.

Steve