Re: st: Some basic help on programming

From   Prakash Singh <>
Subject   Re: st: Some basic help on programming
Date   Tue, 17 Apr 2012 09:00:20 +0530

Friedrich, I have tried this change also but it is still not helping.
I am rephrasing my problem. I have 9 data  file with name -
level`l'data.dta - for which I  want to write  code

this is how I have done

local levels "3 4 5 6 7 8 9"
foreach l of local levels {
use "level`l'data.dta", clear
merge common_id using "\level`=l'+1' data.dta"
drop _merge
sort common_id
save "level3_9data.dta",replace

Please help as it is really bugging me