Re: st: Some basic help on programming

From   Prakash Singh <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Some basic help on programming
Date   Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:20:10 +0530

Maarten
I am sorry but its not like that.
For example in one lavel there is this item var in which we have ten
catagory (309-3019). Each of these item is for some head of
expenditute or receipt or sources of asset or sales etc.

Let try again with the example of do file and sorry if I am not making
myself clear.

use "level3_list.dta", clear
keep if item_code==309
ren item_code item_code_manu
ren asicc_code asicc_code_manu
ren unit_quantity unit_quantity_manu
ren quantity quantity_manu
ren value value_manu
sort common_id
save "item309.dta",replace

use "level3_list.dta", clear
keep if item_code==319
ren item_code item_code_trade
ren asicc_code asicc_code_trade
ren unit_quantity unit_quantity_trade
ren quantity quantity_trade
ren value value_trade
sort common_id
save "item319.dta",replace

here item (309-319) are operating expences under different heads like
manufacturing, transport, energy repair etc of the firm. So what I
need to do is break the data item wise to get value of operating
expences for different head and then merge the item wise data to get
vale of total operating expences of the firm.

Prakash