Re: st: Some basic help on programming

From   Prakash Singh <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Some basic help on programming
Date   Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:36:11 +0530

Thanks Maarten and Samuels

I am providing here "tba" of one of the lavel data. Before that I
think I should explain about the dataset structure. this is firm level
data set. for convenience it is divided in levels. the present data
set contains 10 levels (for 82789 firm). in some of the level as in
the case of operating expences, asset, workers level data set needs to
be further divied into item to get information about female workers
(full time part time and temp) male worker (full time part time and
temp)  but there is no distinct vatiable for these.

we have single variable "value" in which represent different kind of
workers with item number (for example item number 301 represents
female full time worker, 302 female part time and son. now to get the
information at sub aggregate level var value has to be created at item
basis where each item repesent some particual of expences.

Item	Freq.
301	50,831
302	35,895
303	23,953
304	15,343
305	9,210
306	20,410
309	51,994
311	1,255
312	2,702
313	497
319	4,050
Total	216,140

If you see the total it not equal to 82789. item 301 is female full
time worker and 50,831 represents the number of firms for which we
have information for female full time worker. thus in order to get the
value of total worker (male and female) we need to break the data at
item level and merge.

I tried with collapse but values are differing with keep if method.

Hope this will make my query clear.

Prakash