Re: st: Transposing dotplot (changing axes)

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Transposing dotplot (changing axes)
Date   Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:19:29 +0100

Not so. -stack- shows as many data points as observations, tied or
not, so long as you have enough space to show them.

As the help says

"stack specifies that data points with identical values are to be stacked,
        as in -dotplot-, except that by default there is no binning of data."

Look at

. sysuse auto
(1978 Automobile Data)

. stripplot mpg, stack