Re: st: Transposing dotplot (changing axes)

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Transposing dotplot (changing axes)
Date   Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:09:53 +0200

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Fredrik Norström
<> wrote:
> I have done a dotplot (dotplot yeardifference, over(agegroups) center) where I have agegroups and for each displayed difference in years between two disease diagnoses. My dotplot shows years on y-axes. I want to have that on x-axis, i.e. I want to transpose my dotplot. Is it possible to do that or can I generate a different stata graph so that I get my dotplots horizontally instead of vertically?

That should be possible with Nick Cox's -stripplot-, which you can get
by typing in Stata -ssc install stripplot-.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen