Re: st: impute with draws from random distribution

Subject   Re: st: impute with draws from random distribution
Date   Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:30:39 +0200

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:13 PM, D-Ta wrote:
> i totally agree, it doesnt give any additional information. BUT, it would
> simply help me to readjust the outcomes compared between treatment and
> control group relative to the start-date of the programm.
> And to do this I need a hypothetical start-date for non-participants.
>
> How else could you estimate (e.g.) the treatment effect of training on
> (e.g.) the employment probability (e.g.) 2 month after training start?

This is all getting way too hypothetical for my taste. We think our
conclusions says something because they are based on stuff we have
seen, not on random numbers generated by our computer. If you still
want to go down that road than I would be very careful in justifying
it. I would not justify it with the fact that some persons have
published papers on it. The fact that something gets published is no
proof that it is a good idea.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie