Re: st: impute with draws from random distribution

Subject   Re: st: impute with draws from random distribution
Date   Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:01:27 +0200

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 1:46 PM, D-Ta <altruist81@gmx.de> wrote:
> So, whats a valid comparison group then in your opinion, taking into account
> the timing of the training? Or should I neglect that information about the
> timing completing when matching?

As you said yourself it is logically impossible to get someone with
the same timing of the intervention when one group did and another
group did not receive the intervention. So you cannot use that
variable to match.

Look at this problem differently: What would you be matching on when
you imputed timing? Imputation does not create new information, it
just replicates the patterns that are present in the observed part of
the data. So imputing timing and than matching on imputed timing does
not add anything compared to just leaving timing out and match on the
variables you would have used to impute.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie