st: SV: RE: RE: SV: RE: SV: RE: SV: RE: postfile

From   "Tomas Lind" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: SV: RE: RE: SV: RE: SV: RE: SV: RE: postfile
Date   Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:18:48 +0200

Thanks Martin and Nick for all kind help (as usually),

I think I found the root of the problem. I have a variable called fönster (a
Swedish word for window in my syntax). Normally Swedish letters å, ä, ö are
allowed in variable names BUT not in this case obviously. In the syntax
below everything works fine when fönster is (mis)spelled with the letter "o"
(fonster). But I get an error if I spell fönster.

drop *
input  id   x6   x12   z6   z12
        1    1    4     7    10
        2    2    5     8    11
        3    3    6     9    12
end

tempname  resul
postfile `resul'  str5 proxy   fonster  mean     using H:\Slask\slask2.dta ,
replace

foreach i in 6 12  {
   foreach X of varlist   x`i' z`i'   {
	local  proxy    `X'
	local  fonster  `i'

	summarize `X' , meanonly
	local mean = r(mean)

    post  `resul'  ("`proxy'")  (`fonster')  (`mean')
    }
}
postclose `resul'					// Stäng datasetet
som har xx rader och 5 variabler

preserve
use H:\Slask\slask2.dta 	, replace
list , noobs