st: ssmenu, stcox and sample size estimates

From   Simon <>
Subject   st: ssmenu, stcox and sample size estimates
Date   Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:33:32 +0100

I have successfully installed Royston & Babiker's ssmenu (SJ2-2 st0013. A menu-driven facility for complex sample size) and following the help file ran -ssmenu on- to which I received "Study size menu on. The menubar has been changed." However, I cannot see any change in the menu bar. Is this compatible with Stata 11MP? If not, could someone suggest an alternative?

I have data from a pilot RCT, the unit of allocation is premises and each premises is subject to multiple failures. Data is described at the daily level with half of the premises (n=16) receiving the intervention half way through, the other half not. So I have run:

stset date, fail(fail) exit(time .) id(premises) enter(date0)
xi: stcox intervention, efron robust schoenfeld(sch*) scaledsch(sca*) cluster(loc)

And from this I would like to estimate the number of premises required in the full study.

Wishing you well