Re: st: unexpected end of file

From   Dani Tilley <tilleydani@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: unexpected end of file
Date   Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:02:54 -0700 (PDT)

I removed all comments for the time being so that's not an issue. I really don't
know what's wrong. Why would I get the same error for this program as well:

program define mean2
version 10.1

syntax varlist(min=1 max=2)

foreach var in `varlist' {
su `var',mean
di as text "Mean for `var': " as res r(mean)
}

end

. sysuse auto, clear
. mean2 price mpg
Mean for price: 6165.2568
Mean for mpg: 21.297297

when I save the program as mean2.ado, copy it to ado/updates, and say -mean2
price mpg- Stata returns:

unexpected end of file
(error occurred while loading mean2.ado)
r(612);

DF Tilley