Re: st: Problem with xi (Stata 11)

Subject   Re: st: Problem with xi (Stata 11)
Date   Wed, 02 Jun 2010 12:50:17 -0500

At 10:54 AM 6/2/2010, Alan Riley wrote:
The change was in the C standard library.  We are not aware of it
occurring in any other distributions or versions of Linux.
However, the fix we put in place which will be in tomorrow's
update will prevent the problem from occurring even if other
Linux distributions, or indeed any other operating systems, make
a similar change in their C libraries.

Does this have the potential to zap other Unix programs? Or was it just some wildly idiosyncratic quick that will probably only affect Stata?

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam