st: Vector graphs in stata

From   Wassim Tarraf <>
Subject   st: Vector graphs in stata
Date   Wed, 02 Jun 2010 13:49:53 -0400

Dear list members- I am looking into ways to generate aging vector graphs using a 6 waves data set in stata 11. Mainly what I would like to do is create a set of graphs similar to the ones generated by Mirowsky & Kim (2007) (Full citation below). Any references, suggestions, or guidance on how to apply this would be greatly appreciated.

Mirowsky, J., & Kim, J. (2007). Graphing age trajectories: Vector graphs, synthetic and virtual cohort projections, and virtual cohort projections, and cross-sectional profiles of depression. Sociological Methods & Research, 35, 497–541.