st: AW: AW: creating a count variable

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: AW: AW: creating a count variable
Date   Tue, 18 May 2010 18:19:53 +0200

<>

Or rather, to create a variable, as your subject line indicates, use -egen,
count- with the -by- prefix.

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Martin Weiss
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. Mai 2010 18:14
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: st: AW: creating a count variable

<>

Combine -count- with the -by- prefix.

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Jane Suiter
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. Mai 2010 18:00
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: st: creating a count variable

Hi

This is very simple but I keep getting it wrong. I have data with
large number of observations (hospitals) and I need to generate a count
variable
of how observations are in each geographic area. The variables are idno for
the facility, home for the location of the facility.
Thank you in advance for your help
jean