st: creating a count variable

From   Jane Suiter <suiterj@tcd.ie>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: creating a count variable
Date   Tue, 18 May 2010 16:59:31 +0100

Hi

This is very simple but I keep getting it wrong. I have data with
large number of observations (hospitals) and I need to generate a count variable
of how observations are in each geographic area. The variables are idno for
the facility, home for the location of the facility.
Thank you in advance for your help
jean