st: AW: creating a count variable

Subject   st: AW: creating a count variable
Date   Tue, 18 May 2010 18:14:29 +0200

<>

Combine -count- with the -by- prefix.

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Jane Suiter
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. Mai 2010 18:00
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: creating a count variable

Hi

This is very simple but I keep getting it wrong. I have data with
large number of observations (hospitals) and I need to generate a count
variable
of how observations are in each geographic area. The variables are idno for
the facility, home for the location of the facility.
Thank you in advance for your help
jean