st: 'ssi' - a module to estimate sample sizes for RCTs (incl. non-inferiority and equivalence designs)

From   Philip Jones <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: 'ssi' - a module to estimate sample sizes for RCTs (incl. non-inferiority and equivalence designs)
Date   Tue, 18 May 2010 11:26:24 -0400

Thanks to Kit Baum I have posted the following package on SSC:

TITLE
      'SSI': module to estimate sample size/power for randomized controlled trials

DESCRIPTION/AUTHOR(S)

      ssi  is meant to be used by investigators needing sample size/power
      estimation for prospective randomized controlled trials (RCTs).
      Although Stata ships with a sample size estimation command,
      sampsi, it is not designed to estimate trial sizes for
      non-inferiority or equivalence trials.

      KW: sample size
      KW: randomized controlled trials
      KW: sampsi

      Requires: Stata version 11

      Distribution-Date: 20100517

      Author: Philip M Jones, University of Western Ontario
      Support: email [email protected]

INSTALLATION FILES                                  (type net install ssi)
      ssi.ado
      ssi.sthlp

Full usage instructions are given in a detailed help file that accompanies the package. Please e-mail me with any suggestions for improvements or changes.

Kind regards,

Phil
Philip M G Jones, MD, FRCPC

Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine
University of Western Ontario
London Health Sciences Centre