st: Artmenu fails to load in Stata 11

From   Jonathan Kaplan <>
Subject   st: Artmenu fails to load in Stata 11
Date   Tue, 18 May 2010 16:23:09 +0200

Two sample size questions:

1. I'm trying to load the artmenu ( available from Stata journal )
using Stata 11 latest update on a windows PC, butr no usermenu is
displayed- even after the following message:

artmenu on

ART - ANALYSIS OF RESOURCES FOR TRIALS        (version 1.0.4, 13 January 2005)
A sample size program by Patrick Royston, Abdel Babiker & Friederike Barthel,
MRC Clinical Trials Unit, London NW1 2DA, UK.

ART menu turned on.  The User menu has been changed.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

2. I am trying to reproduce the graph displayed in:

I'm able to reproduce the basic data using  "stpower logrank 0.7,
n(100 250 500) hratio(0.1(0.01)0.9) saving(mypower) "--

However I cannot figure the correct syntax to produce the graph.