st: RE: Re: distance data missing values

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Re: distance data missing values
Date   Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:29:13 +0100

In that spirit:

I take that the only issue is filling in gaps for pairs of trading
partners, i.e. the distance between A and B is necessarily the same as
the distance between A and B.

Then I don't see any need for a file fandango:

gen first = cond(Exporter < Importer, Exporter, Importer)
gen second = cond(Exporter < Importer, Importer, Exporter)
egen pairs = group(first second)
bysort pairs (distance) : replace distance = distance[1] if

Martin Weiss

This question is quite close to:
Might want to try your luck there...

Ermal Hitaj