st: Re: distance data missing values

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: distance data missing values
Date   Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:24:52 +0200

This question is quite close to:
Might want to try your luck there...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ermal Hitaj" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:28 PM
Subject: st: distance data missing values

I wonder whether somebody could help with the following:
I have trade distance data in a long form. I have missing values as follows.

Exporter Importer Distance
A          B       1000km
B          A          .

I need to substitute the missing values with the distance value from the case where country A is the exporter and B is the importer.
Obviosly, there's a lot of countries (and a lot of products).