st: RE: Error r(9611)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Error r(9611)
Date   Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:48:47 +0100

You single out this line. Please tell us exactly what is in the local
macro standard_dummies.

	foreach dummy of varlist `standard_dummies' { //<-- ******* This
is
where it causes the problem, I think

Brian Karfunkel

I'm getting a weird error, -r(9611)-, when I run my program.  Anyone
know what this is? I've seen two former posts about it, one saying
it's caused by no carriage return at the end of the file, which I
have, and the other saying it was caused by unbalanced braces, but
I've checked them and can't find a problem.

By putting pauses in various places, it seems that there is one block
that is causing the problem (code posted below, with the line I
suspect is causing the problem commented). However, when I comment out
that section, another block causes the same error (also posted below).
When I instead put the first code block in a -capture- block, a
different error is thrown somewhere in the SECOND code block:

- 0while already defined
- r(110);

<code etc.>