st: Assumptions for continuous predictor in negative binomial regression model

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Assumptions for continuous predictor in negative binomial regression model
Date   Fri, 28 Mar 2014 09:47:16 +0000

Dear all,

I could find quite a lot of assumptions concerning a negative binomial regression model in general, but what I couldn't find was if there is assumptions about including a continuous variable as a predictor? e.g in logistic regression,  it requires that the independent continuous variable is linearly related to the log odds of the outcome.

1. Is this the same for the negative binomial regression? Or are there any other assumptions concerning the inclusion of a continuous predictor variable?

2. I tried to graphically show this linear relationship of the independent continuous variable and the log odds of the outcome for logistic regression, but I didn't get a satisfying result! Any advice on that? I'm sure there must be a pretty easy way in stata, but I couldn't figure it out!

Thank you for your help!

Isabel