st: BHPS analysts

From   Yasir Zuberi <[email protected]>
Subject   st: BHPS analysts
Date   Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:32:25 +0000

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the BHPS data with stata and merge key variables which I'm interested in. The problem I have is adding a time variable "year" by using "gen year= xxx". When I add this variable to each wave and then attempt to merge by sort PID. Stata only picks up one year "2008".

Does anyone have any experience using BHPS? And be able to shed some light on how to merge the waves correctly?

any help will be appreciated

Yasir

Sent from my iPhone