st: estimation question regarding SP data with "opt-out" (not interested) option

From   "Anat (Manes) Tchetchik" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: estimation question regarding SP data with "opt-out" (not interested) option
Date   Wed, 19 Mar 2014 00:03:35 +0200

Dear all,

I have a SP data where each respondent had to choose a discrete choice
among 3 car clubs alternatives or to defer ("not interested") this
last option has no attributes levels.
When I run the data in Stata's Mlogit what values do I need to insert
for the "not interested" row under the columns that describe the
attributes?
Zeros? missing values? (in that case Stata ignores this obs. anyway)
or should I insert only the three  rows(alts.) and omit the "not
interested" row at all?

Best regards,
Anat

Anat Tchetchik, PhD
Department of Business Administration
Guilford Glazer Faculty of Business and Management
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
P.O.Box: 653
Beer-Sheva, Israel, 84105
http://in.bgu.ac.il/fom/BusinessDep/Pages/staff/ANAT-TCHETCHIK.aspx