st: effect size and power for manova :stata 12 Inbox x

From   hamzah ritchi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: effect size and power for manova :stata 12 Inbox x
Date   Wed, 19 Mar 2014 03:36:11 +0700

Hello everyone,

I use stata/SE 12 for mac. I wanted to measure effect size and power for manova
like the ones provided in SPSS. But I learn Stata 12 does not provide
commands to perform such task.

Looked up in SSC archive, I found only cohen and effectsize commands, but
they seem only allow for anova statistics.

Example of using effectsize:
manova y1 y2 y3 = x1 x2 x1#x1
effectsize x1

*it returned result below*
anova not found

My questions are:
1. Is there any specific command that I could use to get such effect size
and power for manova?
2. I watched one tutorial video about manova with SPSS, and the speaker
said that the effect size (in this case partial eta sq) in the anova can be
interpreted in manova.  Since I am not really knowledgeable with manova,
can I go on using effectsize.ado  in Stata to calculate effect size for the
manova analysis?

Thank you
--
Ritchi