Re: st: RE: Re: estout

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Re: estout
Date   Wed, 12 Mar 2014 09:12:21 +0000

Thanks for providing a reproducible example.

As I said, I don't use -estout- (SSC) but I do recall some properties
of exp(). Setting aside what the numbers represent, the difference
between any exp(x_1) and any exp(x_2) can be positive, zero, or
negative, so there is no surprise that it can be negative. A fortiori,
what you are calculating cannot be a standard error. The error here is
not in -estout- and not in Stata [NB] but, I guess, in using an
incorrect formula.