Re: st: problem with negative binomial fixed effect model

From   Nahla Betelmal <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: problem with negative binomial fixed effect model
Date   Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:51:57 +0000

Thanks for reply, but the issue is not about the mata size, even if I
increase the size , the number of indicator variables is too large
which will take huge computation time and will greatly affect the
degree of freedom. so increasing the mata will not solve the issue
statistically wise.

The authors mention that LIMDEP on  SAS can efficiently do that, and I
wonder if there is something like that in Stata.

There is another solution using the hybrid model , which I will use if
I could not figure out

see the article below for the same author with brief description about
the problem and solutions of negative binomial fixed effect model

http://www.statisticalhorizons.com/fe-nbreg

I wonder if anyone has experienced this issue before , I highly
appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Nahla Betelmal