RE: st: re-sorting display order after -encode-

From   "Radwin, David" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: re-sorting display order after -encode-
Date   Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:25:17 -0400

Jeph,

At risk of drifting somewhat the original topic, you might consider
-fre- (Ben Jann, SSC) as an alternative for one-way frequencies. It
shows up to 50 characters of value labels by default. You can specify
more characters using the -width- option or let it wrap the labels.

David
--
David Radwin, Senior Research Associate
Education and Workforce Development

www.rti.org/education

C.
> Schechter
> >          Q2/11   SJ 11(2):321--322
(no
> commands)
> >          tip on safely using encode across datasets
> >
> > That said, the fact that alphanumeric ordering almost always is not
> > what you want with ordered scales could, I think, be flagged a
little
> > more prominently in the official documentation. Once you understand,
> > it is obvious, but it deserves a short comment.
> >

> > Nick
> > [email protected]
> >

> > On 10 March 2014 19:09, Michael McCulloch
<[email protected]>