st: Regression Discontinuity Design in Stata

From   Carlos Rodriguez <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Regression Discontinuity Design in Stata
Date   Tue, 25 Feb 2014 09:09:47 -0600

First, apologies for a question that is probably too basic. I'm a
beginner.  Is there a command for running a regression discontinuity
desgin in Stata?

I mean for getting the graphs and carrying out the local regression?  As
I've said I'm beginning to study statistics and have read a bit on
regression discontinuity designs but I don't know if all the
computations to get the discontinuity graph and the local average effect
should be done by hand or if there's a Stata command that may help (I'm
thinking of a Sharp regression discontinuity design as a first
step...then I might move on to a Fuzzy one so if there're different
commands for these two types, I'd be grateful if you could point me to
them).

Many thanks in advance,

Regards
Carlos