Re: st: Technical Efficiency with Stata sfpanel command

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Technical Efficiency with Stata sfpanel command
Date   Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:09:27 +0000

-sfpanel- is user-written, as you are asked to explain:

SJ-13-4 st0315  . . . . . . . . . . . Stochastic frontier analysis using Stata
        . . . . . . . . . . . F. Belotti, S. Daidone, G. Ilardi, and V. Atella
        (help sfcross, sfcross_postestimation, sfpanel,
        sfpanel_postestimation if installed)
        Q4/13   SJ 13(4):719--758
        estimates cross-sectional and panel-data stochastic frontier
        models

The authors may (should) have good answers, but otherwise

1. Difficulties fitting a model to your data could just stem from your
data being unsuitable for your model, and without a sight of your data
it's difficult for anyone to comment.

2. People who do this kind of thing (not me) would surely be
interested in whether you have success with fitting this model in
other software, which does not seem to be spelled out here.

3. The usual advice if a model doesn't fit is to retreat to trying a
simpler model, although I have no idea whether that even makes sense
in this case.

4. Regardless of whether  Battese and Coelli (1995)  is utterly
standard in this field, you are asked to avoid minimal name (date)
references on Statalist.