Re: st: About taking log on zero values

Subject   Re: st: About taking log on zero values
Date   Thu, 20 Feb 2014 07:16:50 -0500

 Whether sales=0 means
"literally nothing" or "so small that it could not be detected"
you can't do any of the things suggested without introducing bias.
In the former case, you must run separate models for cases with and
without sales (or fully interact by a dummy variable nosales) while in
the latter case you must multiply impute sales using a sensible model,
not simply add a constant.