Re: st: Drawing from a known, non-regular, discrete distribution

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Drawing from a known, non-regular, discrete distribution
Date   Tue, 18 Feb 2014 09:32:02 +0000

Thanks for the details.

The Mata function -rdiscrete()- should do most of whar you want. You
will need to map your values to integers 1 up and then read in the
probabilities so that they are copied from a variable to a vector in
Mata. Then select integers and reverse the mapping.