st: Multilevel discrete survival time analysis

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Multilevel discrete survival time analysis
Date   Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:37:38 +0000

Ashish Gupta <[email protected]>:

Steve Samuels <[email protected]> provided you with good advice.

I would only add that a request that you avoid generic references to "multilevel" analysis in this context (or indeed any).

I submit that you'll make better progress with your problems if you think in terms of the model features that you are trying to incorporate, and the nature of the associated data. "Multilevel model" software can be used to address a number of features including (i) frailty (a.k.a. unobserved heterogeneity); (ii) [related] multiple spells for the same subject; (iii) data-specific features such as clustering. But it should be done carefully, with an appreciation of the assumptions that come along with the standard 'canned' multilevel model approach.

Stephen
------------------
Stephen P. Jenkins <[email protected]>
------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 17:08:34 +0530
From: Ashish Gupta <[email protected]>
Subject: st: Multilevel discrete survival time analysis

Dear all,
 I would like to enquire about the existence codes of Multilevel
discrete time survival analysis in stata. I understand that this can
be  done  using GLLAMM .However, It is also evident from several
sources that this model takes lot of time for the convergence.it would
be great if some one can share the  codes/example of GLAAMM for the
discrete time  survival  analysis.(e.g infant mortality)
Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
- --
Ashish Kumar Gupta
Senior Research Fellow (Population Studies)
International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Govandi
Station Road, Deonar,
Mumbai-400 088, INDIA
Mobile No.: +91 9967106908