RE: st: combine 2 variables

From   Dao Kim <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: combine 2 variables
Date   Tue, 11 Feb 2014 20:50:37 +0000

Hi Nick, dg1 and dg2 are string variables, all the same (hemorrhage, stroke, asphyxia, malformative, infectious, others), I converted them into numeric variables. Each ID has at least 1 diagnosis (dg1), only 5 have a 2nd diagnosis (dg2). In order to analyse diagnoses as a whole. Thanks
Here is the description

. describe cat_dg1 cat_dg2

              storage   display    value

variable name   type    format     label      variable label

cat_dg1         long    %12.0g     cat_dg1

cat_dg2         long    %12.0g     cat_dg2

. list cat_dg1 cat_dg2 in 1/10

     +----------------------+

     |    cat_dg1   cat_dg2 |

     |----------------------|