st: Propensity Score Matching

From   Matthew Mulley <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Propensity Score Matching
Date   Tue, 11 Feb 2014 16:34:58 +0000

Dear statalist,

I am currently doing some research into ethnic discrimination and would like to use the propensity score matching software to match the UK LFS merged sample using age and region before running regressions. However when I use the following command pscore

"pscore BLACK AGE REGION ,pscore(PS1) blockid(blockf1) comsup level(0.001)"

My region of common support estimated by the software is [.01604683, .01876305] with the final number of blocks being 1. It seems unusual that the common support region should be so low when I am only matching on two variables?

Furthermore after creating the propensity score regardless of what type of matching i.e. attnd etc. I use how do I get the software to create observations that are indicate they are matched so I can then run regressions using only the matched individuals in my sample?

Many thanks,

Matthew Mulley
University of Birmingham Student