Re: st: String match(strmatch) for case insensitive

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: String match(strmatch) for case insensitive
Date   Mon, 3 Feb 2014 16:38:20 +0000

In what sense "tedious" or in any other way disadvantageous or unattractive?

I can't think of an easier or better way to make comparisons
insensitive to case than to use -upper()- or -lower()- to put strings
on the same basis. The alternative would appear to be a regular
expression that you need to get exactly right.

Nick
njcoxstata@gmail.com