RE: st: problems with levpet command

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: problems with levpet command
Date   Thu, 30 Jan 2014 12:05:47 +0000

On Jan 30, 2014, at 2:33 AM, Bruno wrote:

> OK. I think I got it. Apparently, the problem was that I have panel data
> with gaps in time variable, i.e. I have data for years 2008, 2010 and
> 2012.
> I -recode-d variable year to be without gaps, and then -levpet- works.

You don't have to do that. Just use

tsset firmid year, delta(2)

and it will expect that year takes on values two years apart. Also useful if you have data from 5-year plans, 4-year election cycles, etc.

Kit

Kit Baum
Professor of Economics and Social Work, Boston College, Chestnut Hill MA, USA
DIW Research Professor, Department of Macroeconomics, DIW Berlin, Berlin, Germany
[email protected]  |  http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html