RE: st: margins

From   "Ozturk, Orgul" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: margins
Date   Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:54:15 -0500

Sorry about that
Following works:

reg logrealwagechange i.promCurrentJob##i.woman#i.govt## i.schoolinggroup $extras $changeindustryvars $changeoccupations  if careerstage==1
margins, at(woman=1 ) at(woman=0 ) over (govt schoolinggroup promCurrentJob) post
margins, coeflegend

and then I run test in the following form
lincom	_b[1._at#0.schoolinggroup#0.govt#0.promCurrentJob]-_b[2._at#1.careerstage#0.schoolinggroup#0.govt#0.promCurrentJob]

reg logrealwagechange i.promCurrentJob##i.woman#i.govt## i.schoolinggroup $extras $changeindustryvars $changeoccupations  if careerstage==1
margins, at(promCurrentJob =1 ) at(promCurrentJob =0 ) over (govt schoolinggroup woman) post
margins, coeflegend

this does not work:

reg logrealwagechange i.promCurrentJob##i.woman#i.govt## i.schoolinggroup $extras $industry $occupationgroup  if careerstage==1, noc
margins, at(woman=1 ) at(woman=0 ) over (govt schoolinggroup promCurrentJob) post
margins, coeflegend

and this is what I have for the xtlogit, fe

xtlogit promCurrentJob i.woman##i.careerstage##i.govt##i.schoolinggroup $usualsuspects, fe
margins, at(woman=0 ) at(woman=1 ) predict(pu0) over (careerstage schoolinggroup govt) post

again this does not really work.

Thank you very much..
I can send you the data and the do file if you need.

Orgul Demet Ozturk
Assistant Professor of Economics
Economics Department
Moore School of Business