st: adoupdate installed a version for a Stata copy, newer than I have

From   Pedro Nakashima <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: adoupdate installed a version for a Stata copy, newer than I have
Date   Mon, 20 Jan 2014 18:40:43 -0200

Dear users

Recently, with the intention of updating my ado files, I gave  -
adoupdate, update -command.

Unfortunately, it seems that the command installed newer versions of
the programs (for Stata 13) than the copy I have (Stata 12).

For example, one .ado updated was - sdecode -.

I discovered the problem when I used this ado the last time when, to
my surprise, the following message appeared:

. sdecode mun, gen(munnome)
this is version 12.1 of Stata; it cannot run version 13.0 programs
     You can purchase the latest version of Stata by visiting
http://www.stata.com.
r(9);

end of do-file

r(9);