Re: st: adoupdate installed a version for a Stata copy, newer than I have

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: adoupdate installed a version for a Stata copy, newer than I have
Date   Tue, 21 Jan 2014 10:53:15 +0000

This problem can be solved by installing the latest version of -sdecode- compatible with your Stata version from my website. In the case of -sdecode- for Stata Version 12 users, the latest version of -sdecode- compatible with Stata Version 12 can be found by typing, in Stata,

net from "http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/stata11/";

and selecting and installing -sdecode-.

Like Richard, I am surprised that this problem does not arise more often. I personally have always had a policy of distributing versions of my packages compatible with earlier versions of Stata on my website. They can usually be located using -findit-. Alternatively, a user can use a browser and find the latest version of any package from my website at

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/stata.htm#all_versions

and they will see a table of all versions of all my packages, sorted primarily by package name and secondarily in reverse order of version.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
Respiratory Epidemiology, Occupational Medicine
and Public Health Group
National Heart and Lung Institute
Imperial College London
Royal Brompton Campus