Re: st: Re: error in -vanelteren- (1 group found, 2 required)

From   "Joseph Coveney" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re: error in -vanelteren- (1 group found, 2 required)
Date   Tue, 21 Jan 2014 10:34:36 +0900

Ariel Linden wrote:

Thanks to both Red Owl and Joseph Coveney for the response!

That error message is easy to misunderstand. I assumed (wrongly) that the
error was referencing the binary variable used in by(), not in missing
levels of the strata...

Joseph, FYI, I emailed you at [email protected] on 12/29/13 and then
again at [email protected] on 1/1/14. I did not receive a notification of a
bounce either time...

Sorry about the misunderstood error message.  I suppose that it's like the
"no observations" error message that you can get from some official Stata
commands that seems curious at first.

Regardless, I recommend using the -emh- command in lieu of -vanelteren- for
performing van Elteren's test.  I've posted at least a couple of times on this
list how to do it, but if you need a handy permanent reference as to how, you
can take a look at the FAQ on the same topic by SAS for its PROC FREQ at
http://support.sas.com/kb/25/022.html .  You'd use the analogous options with
-emh-, that is,

    PROC FREQ;
      TABLES STRATA * TREATMENT * RESPONSE / CMH2 SCORES=MODRIDIT NOPRINT;
    RUN;

becomes

    emh response treatment, strata(strata) anova transformation(modridit)

You can download and install -emh- from the same source as you got -vanelteren-.
-emh- can do everything that the older -vanelteren- can, and much more besides.

Checked again, and no hits.  I can see how the bigplanet account might not have
had anything--it has a "Postini" spam filter on the mail server that can get
pretty aggressive.  But I can't explain why the gmail account doesn't have
anything from you on the fourteenth except your Statalist post on subscripting.

Joseph Coveney