Re: st: Cox model with a segmented time-dependent covariate

From   Marta Garcia-Granero <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Cox model with a segmented time-dependent covariate
Date   Wed, 15 Jan 2014 20:18:15 +0100

Hi Billy:

I never said I had limited success. I've had no success at all. I thought that maybe I had to restructure the dataset from wide to long, and declare survival settings with multiple rows per patient, and the declare that birrubin levels varied with time (s, but then I got an error message:

reshape long lbr t, i(patient) j(testday)
replace t=0 if missing(t)
stset time, id(patient) failure(status==1)

                id:  patient
     failure event:  status == 1
obs. time interval:  (time[_n-1], time]
 exit on or before:  failure

       36  total obs.
       36  multiple records at same instant PROBABLE ERROR
           (time[_n-1]==time)
        0  obs. remaining, representing
        0  subjects
        0  failures in single failure-per-subject data
        0  total analysis time at risk, at risk from t =         0
                             earliest observed entry t =         .
                                  last observed exit t =         .

stvary lbr

no observations
r(2000);

Probably I don't understand those commands at all, since they have a very different logic than those in SPSS. I'm not complaining, I like a lot the way Stata handles survival analysis, but I have been able to do that task.

Regards,
Marta