Re: st: Creating variable recording for each individual charateristics of members of OTHER groups

From   Robert Picard <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Creating variable recording for each individual charateristics of members of OTHER groups
Date   Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:09:00 -0500

This is much easier to do if you group observation by game played. An
individual's peers are simply the difference between the total number
of players with the same Charateristic in the game minus the total in
player's team with the same Charateristic.

Robert

* ----------------- begin example ------------------------------
clear
input Individual Day str1 Team str1 Opponent str5 Char Score
1 1 A B Red  2
2 1 A B Black  2.5
3 1 A B Brown 4
4 1 A B Black 1
1 1 B A Red  1
2 1 B A Black  3
3 1 B A Brown 1
1 2 A C Red  2
2 2 A C Black  2
3 2 A C Brown  5
end

gen game = cond(Team<Opponent,Team+Opponent,Opponent+Team)
isid Day game Char Team Individual, sort
by Day game Char: gen gametot = _N
by Day game Char Team: gen Teamtot = _N
gen peers= gametot - Teamtot

list, sepby(Day game Char) noobs