Ang: Re: Re: st: Words surrounded with single quotes in a local macro

From   Tomas Lind <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Ang: Re: Re: st: Words surrounded with single quotes in a local macro
Date   Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:35:16 +0100

Running this code:

local Nkomb 8
forvalues  i = 1/`Nkomb'  {
local  tempo   `tempo'    tf`i'
local  kemp2  `kemp2'  `"`tf`i''"'
}
*
di "`tempo'"
di "`kemp2'"

Stata responds this after the two display-commands above:

di "`tempo'"
tf1 tf2 tf3 tf4 tf5 tf6 tf7 tf8      Okey

di "`kemp2'"                         No output

I´ve try to read the manual about double quotes but there they
just enclose " within `"  '"

/Tomas