st: RE: Overidentifying restriction test for 2sls with clustered error and for any ML

Subject   st: RE: Overidentifying restriction test for 2sls with clustered error and for any ML
Date   Mon, 13 Jan 2014 11:12:42 +0000

Suyin,

-ivreg2-, available from SSC in the usual way, automatically reports an overid stat after IV/2SLS estimation with cluster-robust SEs.

--Mark

> The second problem is that Stata 12 does not have any post-estimation test
> for instrumentalization of systems estimated with the comand sem, i.e. via
> ML. Once I am dealing with a nonrecursive model, it is crucial for me to verify
> the overidentification restriction and maybe find a way to assess the strength
> of instruments also under ML. Any ideas here would be also very welcome.
>
> Please, give me any insights or suggestions you may find useful.
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> Suyin

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.